Members of the University and design team will be available to answer questions and receive feedback on plans at Boundary Brook House (aka Park Hospital) on
Hospitals get very busy in colder weather, especially A&E.
- Winter is generally a very busy time for the NHS and health services in general – A&E in particular gets very busy, so please don’t attend unless it is a genuine medical emergency
- 111 is the NHS’s non-emergency telephone number. It is open 24 hours a day and is fast, easy and free. Your symptoms will be assessed over the phone by a healthcare professional who will then immediately direct you to the best medical care for your symptoms
- Local community pharmacies can help you with lots of everyday ailments
- Get your flu jab – flu can be very serious for people over 65, people with long-term conditions such as diabetes, or kidney or heart conditions. Pregnant women are also at risk
- If you start to feel unwell, don’t wait until it gets more serious – seek advice from your pharmacist in the first instance
- Make sure your own medicine cabinet is stocked up with cough and cold remedies, and that you’re up to date with your prescription medicine
- Keep an eye out for your elderly neighbours
- Keep your home warm
- Visit the NHS Stay Well website for more information
Consensus at last – everyone agrees that Brexit is a mess!
It is now clear that the promised Brexit cannot be delivered.
We have run Brexit surveys and stalls to listen to local residents’ views on Brexit. Local Brexitometers have consistently shown support for an Exit from Brexit through a People’s Vote. There is far less support for a General Election, at least until Brexit has been resolved.
Anneliese Dodds in parliament yesterday mentioned that over 2000 constituents have contacted her and only a handful supported the deal. She indicated that she is listening; so write to her, and if you have already, write again. #PeoplesVote
Email Stef if you have any European Union questions or would like to help with the campaign.
HEADINGTON WARD FOCUS MEETING
Tuesday, 29 January 2019
Headington Baptist Church, 78 Old High St, Oxford OX3 9HW
Do come along, we’d love to see you! All welcome. Admission free.
Your opportunity to get an update on local news from your councillors
For anybody interested in the planning application for Clive Booth Hall at John Garne Way there is a drop in session on Thursday 22nd November 3-7pm at Post Grad Centre, John Garne Way.
Headington Baptist Church Hall, 78 Old High Street, OX3 9HW,
We’ll be talking about the Local Plan. All welcome to drop in or out at any time.
The Oxford Bus Company is running a Brand a Bus competition for charities and other good causes to have their name and logo displayed on a bus. Headington Action has entered the competition. To vote, please go to: https://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/competition
Roz has chased the works needed in Latimer Road to reinstate controlled parking zone spaces for residents and visitors.
Parking will be suspended on 1st October to allow for the road to be re-swept ready for lines to be re-painted. Once that work is finished the signs will go up.