The East Area Planning Committee met tonight to discuss the energy pipe application 16/01565/FUL
It granted consent subject to 20 conditions, some of which were amended or added during the meeting*. There are also 6 informatives. Provisionally we noted these as follows (but are subject to change as minutes not yet available):
- Development begun within time limit.
- Develop in accordance with approved plans.
- Tree Protection Plan (TPP) 2.
- Arboricultural Method Statement (AMS) 2.
- Monitoring and Supervision of Trees.
- De-compaction of RPAs.
- Noise mitigation measures.
- Temporary Car Park. *Extra lighting
- JR Compound.
- Churchill Compound.
- Welfare Compound.
- Visitor Permits.
- Construction Traffic Management Plan. *To be a living document with sign off by the Head of Planning and Regulatory Services in conjunction with the Chair of the East Area Planning Committee and the four ward councillors in the affected wards
- Hours of Work.
- Arch – Implementation of programme.
- Use of Pipework.
- Air Quality Measures.
- Communications* to include leaflet, web updates, disability provision, clear instruction on how to claim for damage arising from works, residents to be leafleted promptly if unexpected delays to works occur
- Charging point for electric vehicles* – check availability at hospital sites to ensure facility is available
- All works to be noticed in accordance with the NRSWA Act including applying for Section 50 licence….
- All works must comply with the code of practice for NRSWA, namely chapter 8 Signing and Guarding, and reinstatements
- Traffic management associated with the proposed work to be agreed …with County Council officers….
- Any Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders or Temporary Traffic Signals required must be duly applied for in a timely manner..
- City Council’s legal position re ownership of land affected*
- Additional maintenance work may require planning permission*
To include the willingness of the applicant to make available a community contribution
Before sign off of CTMP, clarification/action needed for:
- road sweeper will be hired to clean roads as required – required by whom?
- highways condition survey must be done and recorded for the entire route prior to commencement
The draft minutes will be produced by Friday afternoon 9/9/16 and any 12 councillors may call in the decision for deliberation by a further planning committee Tuesday 13/9/16.
If unchallenged, the decision notice is likely to be sent out before the end of next week.
Technically, the County Council requires three weeks notice before works can start so works could theoretically begin as early as 10th October, however work will need to be done to satisfy certain conditions first. The start date for works will also need to fit around the Access to Headington works which are due to start at the Roosevelt Drive/Old Road junction the following week. No energy pipe work can be carried out in Churchill Drive till the Access to Headington works finish in Roosevelt Drive so the phasing of works will need to be revised.