Thank you for coming to our Ward Focus meeting in such numbers! We are sending out a summary of issues raised there in our Focus leaflet this weekend, but here is a flavour.
Hospital Trust news
JR planning application (please see link for press release from the Trust)
- Considered by the city council to be a minor application, this means it will be determined by an officer using delegated powers unless called into committee by councillors
- ED is short for Emergency Department (NHS officially preferred name for A&E) has two floors
- Small change to footprint and some of it is infill
- The outcome will be faster diagnosis, greater efficiency and bigger ambulance parking area – the application includes inter alia mini-operating theatres, an isolation ward, more resuscitation bays, better bereavement/family facilities and the project was prompted by inspection findings by the Care and Quality Commission.
- Financial negotiations are in process
- Time period of build likely to be Nov 18-Nov 19.
- Deliveries will be made outside peak times via Headley Way
Ronald McDonald House
- Build likely to start approx. Nov 2018 and last approx. 12 months then a 3 month refit
- Construction traffic route is down Sandfield Road to Woodlands Road, and back out again to Headley Way via Woodlands Road
- Parking problems not envisaged for hotel users as all the parents of sick children will be given stickers enabling them to use hospital car parking spaces.
- Working hours – no evening/weekend working
There is currently one further build on site (University funded)
- Need for construction and other works-related traffic to observe the 20 MPH limit – can this be written into planning consent?
- Please can deliveries be made at times other than school drop-off and collection too?
- Can signage be put up to show no access to JR in Sandfield Road?
- Main contact for both builds is Jo Lennon email@example.com
- Residents urged to contact councillors if they have any queries or concerns
Access to Headington
- Utilities infrastructure issues have delayed the work
- Work has stopped in one place because a nest was found
- Shops asking for reduction in business rates due to loss of trade
- Works outside the JR will take 6-8 weeks and involve putting in temporary traffic lights
- Banks won’t be lost on the right hand side going downhill so the trees on that side will be retained
- We are pressing to see the design changes at the Headley Way / Woodlands Rd junction which aim to make cycling safer
Other issues raised
Noise nuisance from St Luke’s build at McMaster House
Latimer Road – UNITE coaches
English language schools – ASB and noise from 2 locations, Why don’t they have bus passes?
Lack of presence by police disappointing – updates needed on recent incidents, operations and rough sleeping.