October 2016 dates
- Monday 3rd – Oxford
- Tuesday 4th – Banbury
- Wednesday 5th – Wallingford
- Thursday 6th – Abingdon
- Friday 7th – Witney
- Monday 17th – Wantage
- Tuesday 18th – Bicester
- Wednesday 19th – Henley
- Thursday 20th – Oxford
- Friday 21st – Chipping Norton
How to book your free test
To book your safety check appointment call 01865 815 000 option 4 or email: email@example.com
Pre-booked appointments only on a strictly first come first served basis
- Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service
- Oxfordshire County Council Trading Standards
- Cherwell District Council
- West Oxfordshire District Council
- South Oxfordshire District Council
- Vale of White Horse District Council
- Age UK Oxfordshire
- Witney Rotary Club
Why do electric blankets fail their test?
- Because they were over 10 years old and had no safety features built into the controller.
- Because of a leakage of voltage to the surface of the blanket.
- The elements were able to move around inside the blanket with the potential to rub together and cause a short circuit.
- Elements were not secured within the blanket and were exposed to the surface.
- Power lead fasteners were broken and unable to be secured.
- The surface of the blanket was worn, exposing the elements.