A public consultation to health services in the County has been launched and comments are invited on proposed changes to:
- The way hospital beds are used and to bring more care closer to home in Oxfordshire
- Planned care at the Horton General Hospital in Banbury (planned care includes tests and treatment planned in advance and not urgent or emergency care)
- Acute stroke services in Oxfordshire
- Critical care at the Horton General Hospital (critical care helps people with life-threatening or very serious injuries and illnesses)
- Maternity services including obstetrics, Special Care Baby Units (this also affects emergency gynaecology surgery).
How you can get involved
The full details of our proposals are in the consultation document here or you can ask for a printed copy. Call 01865 334638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also pick up a copy of the consultation document from any Oxfordshire library.
Consultation events will be held across the county. You will be able to talk to clinicians and senior NHS Leaders and share your views about these proposals. Places will be limited according to venue size so please book ahead. We really want to have a conversation with you.
Consultation events will be held across the county where you will be able to talk to clinicians and senior NHS leaders and share your views about these proposals. Places will be limited according to venue size, so please book to attend.
The events will be held on the following dates:
Thursday 26 January: 7pm – 9pm in Banbury Thursday 2 February: 2pm – 4pm in Chipping Norton Tuesday 7 February: 3pm – 5pm in Wantage
Thursday 9 February: 7pm – 9pm in Oxford
Monday 13 February: 10am – 12pm in Didcot Thursday 16 February: 6pm – 8pm in Witney
Tuesday 21 February: 3pm – 5pm in Bicester
Monday 27 February: 10.30am – 12.30pm in Brackley Thursday 2 March: 8pm – 10pm in Henley
Monday 6 March: 8pm – 10pm in Wallingford Thursday 16 March: 7pm – 9pm in Banbury
Thursday 23 March: 6.30pm – 8.30pm in Abingdon
You will be able to read more about the proposals by picking up information at your GP practice or at www.oxonhealthcaretransformation.nhs.uk
If you would like to:
- Attend any of the events and book your place to receive the full details, including venues
- Receive a hard copy of the consultation document or survey
- Or have any queries
Please call 01865 334638 or email email@example.com
Headington councillors are concerned about possible changes in traffic volume to and from the John Radcliffe and Churchill sites resulting from the proposed changes and are trying to find out more.